Electrical Engineering Technician - Melrose Park, IL
Automation / Operations
We are hiring an Electrical Engineering Technician to work out of our Melrose Park, IL headquarters.
The role will be responsible for managing, troubleshooting, and overseeing the electrical/electronic installations of related to automated warehouse systems.
- Electrical design, creating bills of materials, and preparing quotes for our customers.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment.
- Develop physical layout of system, control panels, control stations, schematics, air diagrams, and prepare description of operation with operator responsibilities defined.
- Assume some engineering and project management activities including preparation of concise data design, observation and evaluation of hardware based on performance and cost requirements.
- Coordinate electrical design efforts with mechanical engineers assigned to same projects.
- Travel to client sites to manage the electrical/electronic assembly and commissioning of automated warehouse systems.
- Coordinate the materials to arrive to the different teams assigned to the project installation.
- Oversee the assembly of equipment, ensuring equipment is assembled according to the schematics/drawing. Assist in the assembly whenever needed.
- Testing and validating equipment once assembled. On-site system start-up and training at customer's facilities.
- Associate's degree in Engineering with focus on electrical/control is a plus. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints and/or technical diagrams.
- Familiarity with ePLAN is ideal.
- Personality: Candidates must be organized and methodical in their work, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change. Candidates must be able to persevere through difficult work challenges with the highest degree of dedication. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to interact and communicate effectively with personnel from all levels of the organization.
- Availability to travel extensively as needed based on scope of project.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required.
ContactJob application center
Personal Data of Natural Persons
The protection of your personal details is one of the MECALUX Group –called from here on MECALUX - main concerns. For the purposes of preserving and guarantying your privacy at all times, in strict enforcement of what was established in the Organic Law 15/1999, from the 13th. December, regarding the Protection of Personal Data -“LOPD”- and the rest of legislation concordant with the subject. Consequently, MECALUX informs you about all the personal data that can be received through the web, as well as the ones that can be given through the e-mail, postal mail, fax, telephone or any other medium. Your data will be treated with strict privacy according to the company’s privacy and security policy as well as according to the LOPD, and they will be added to the company responsibility file. The aim of the collection of these data is to manage your relation with MECALUX, as well as to inform you about offers, promotions, products and services offered by the company. They are used for surveys, statistics, market tendency analysis and for following your preferences regarding the surfing through the web site, to personalise and improve our services.
Likewise, MECALUX informs you can exercise, at any time and according to the LOPD, the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition to your personal data as well as the right to revoke, without retroactive effect, the given consent for the communication of your data to any company from the group, sending a letter to MECALUX, S.A., calle Silici 1, 08940 Cornellà - Barcelona – Spain or, for your added convenience, sending an e-mail to email@example.com, indicating the reference “Data Protection”.
On the other hand, the company understands that all the personal data you have provided us with in your relation with MECALUX, are true, complete and precise, and therefore it is your charge to communicate to the company any modification regarding them.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can
opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.