Accounts Receivable Representative - Melrose Park, IL
The Accounts Receivable Representative participates in the management of the company’s accounts receivable. This includes collections, customer account reconciliations, cash applications, appropriate matching of credits, projects that require special billing, maintenance of the AR aging and company’s DSO, and overall accurate reporting regarding AR.
- Assure timely collection of monies due to company by maintaining a collection program that keeps customer receivables in a current and open to buy condition and provide analysis for collection forecasting
- Research cash receipts and identify correct application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly
- Research payment errors, overpayments, underpayments and duplicate payments. Work with the Accounts Receivable and Customer Service staff to obtain direction for payment application.
- Maintain continuous and professional contact with customers regarding pending payments, issues with orders, and other requests by phone and by email
- Interact with the invoicing team on special invoices
- Upload invoices to customer-supplied portals online
- Perform a variety of tasks related to processing accounts receivable including data entry, research and coding of incoming payments, and application to open AR
- Minimize losses due to bad debt by providing up front analysis of credit worthiness of ongoing and potential customers and by taking legal actions (including the filing of liens)
- Provide control, oversight, and analysis of the process governing the issuance of credit memos.
- Deep research on data through use of spreadsheets, reports, ERP system, etc.
- Provide reports to internal personnel, management, and external customers
- Other duties as needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of related experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, macros, etc.)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and highly demanding environment
- Professional communication skills
- Developed customer service skills
- Deeply analytical with a high attention to detail
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Previous exposure to SAP and/or AS/400 is preferred
- Experience with Sales and Use Tax is preferred
- Prior exposure to manufacturing is preferred
|How to apply||Job application center|