Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for acquiring materials, supplies and services
- Place purchase orders for goods that have standard costs and quoted discounts already in place.
- Execute purchasing requirements as established by global purchasing department of parent company.
- Coordinate purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Review opportunities for new supply sources and suitability of materials offered.
- Perform comparative analysis (minimum of 3 quotes) to ensure best price while maintaining quality standards.
- Follow up on orders.
- Assist to ensure contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with corporate objectives.
- May be involved with major contract negotiations with top suppliers to secure consistent supplies and competitive prices.
- Coordinate purchasing quality and on-time deliveries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting, or related work experience.
- Familiarity with material flow in a manufacturing environment.
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an open, team environment.
- Familiarity of AS/400 and/or other MRP/ERP systems preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
|How to apply||Job application center|