Accounts Receivable Representative- Melrose Park, IL
The AR Representative participates in the management of the company’s accounts receivable. This includes collections, customer account reconciliations, cash applications, appropriate matching of credits, projects that require special billing, maintenance of the AR aging and company’s DSO, and overall accurate reporting regarding AR.
- Assure timely collection of monies due to company by maintaining a collection program that keeps customer receivables in a current and open to buy condition and provide analysis for collection forecasting.
- Manage cash application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly
- Interact with the invoicing team on special invoices
- Maintain continuous and professional contact with customers regarding pending payments, issues with orders, and other requests by phone and by email
- Minimize losses due to bad debt by providing up front analysis of credit worthiness of ongoing and potential customers, and by taking legal actions (including the filing of liens) to protect Interlake Mecalux’s interests.
- Provide control, oversight, and analysis of the process governing the issuance of credit memos.
- Participate in the negotiation of all contracts/agreements (terms and conditions, down payments, progress payments, etc.) that are mutually acceptable to both Interlake Mecalux and the customer/supplier.
- Support continuous improvement regarding policies and procedures related to credit, collections, billing, and contract negotiations.
- Follow internal control procedures to safeguard and protect company assets.
- Reporting to internal personnel, management, and external customers.
- Digging thru spreadsheets, manipulating data, researching
- Various other projects assigned by Manger and Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 3-5 years of related AR experience
- Advanced excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables)
- Previous exposure to SAP and/or AS/400 preferred
- Bias for fast-paced, highly demanding environment
- Prior exposure to manufacturing ideal
- Excellent and professional phone skills.
- Developed customer service skills
- Deeply analytical and high attention to detail
- Experience with Sales and Use Tax
|How to apply||Job application center|