Electromechanical Technician- Melrose Park, IL
- Analyze equipment failures, determine cause, and make necessary adjustments and repairs
- Repair, maintain, and install minor and major electrical systems and fixtures
- Move, install, and adjust fixtures, motors and other electrical / mechanical equipment
- Measure, cut, bond, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit
- Connect power cables to equipment and install grounding leads
- Test electrical equipment for safety
- Perform preventative maintenance service to machinery and equipment
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain robots.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Previous related maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and facilities repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of roll formers, progressive stamping dies, electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently as needed
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent safety record with a bias for safety and quality in work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to bring one’s own tools to work
- Ability to work flexible shifts is preferred
|How to apply||Job application center|