This position, under the direction of the Plant Manager, will partner with Customer Service/Sales and the manufacturing plants to deliver complete orders to the plants to meet our customers’ orders and expectations.
- Partner with plant personnel to understand current capacity and load situation in order to properly load the plants to achieve the maximum overall throughput.
- Represent the plant operations to the Customer Service and Sales organization.
- Identify and implement process and throughput improvement opportunities within the order conversion and manufacturing processes.
- Plans work in factory through build schedules and/or work orders
- Monitors production to ensure schedules are executed as planned
- Analyzes MRP reports to determine quantities and time frame for factory build schedules
- Adjusts daily production schedules as necessary to smooth production flow
- Communicate purchasing needs with respect to equipment, materials, and supplies to the purchasing department.
- May assist in the purchase of raw materials to ensure material availability for build schedules
- Basic Math
- MRP computer systems, AS/400 preferred
- Strong MS Office skills, with advanced MS Excel skills.
- Production scheduling experience using MRP system
- Manufacturing process experience preferred
- High school diploma, college degree preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match and no waiting period to start participating.
Permanent, full time