We are currently recruiting for a qualified Structural Engineer to join our Engineering Department at our US Corporate office in Melrose Park, IL.
This position corresponds to a specialist in the analysis and design of steel storage rack systems, with the following duties:
- Perform structural analysis and design to meet customer specifications and a variety of codes.
- Create bills of material for proposals and orders.
- Supervise the preparation of fabrication and installation drawings.
- Interact extensively with external consultants, customers, distributors, installation contractors, project and site managers, plant and sales personnel.
- Analyze and present to Executive Management new product proposals along with competitive evaluation in close collaboration with the Engineering Department Headquarters in Spain.
- Ensure that product designs meets all applicable industry codes and specification.
- Develop and implement ideas of continuous improvement of engineering procedures, designs and services.
- Travel occasionally in furtherance of duties
- Master's Degree in Structural Engineering.
- Registered PE or SE license preferred.
- At least 2 years of related job experience.
- Strong knowledge of structural engineering principles.
- Advanced user of AISI Design codes..
- Experience in R&D activities related to Structures preferred: testing protocols, new calculation methods, seismic design.
- Knowledge of Mathcad, and finite element Tools.
- Ability to travel.
- Spanish language knowledge preferred.
- Excel VBA programming knowledge preferred.
- Salary commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance; Life/Disability coverage, 401(k) plan with a company match, Paid Time Off, and paid holidays.
- The opportunity to work for a growing company and market leader.
- Continuous training in our storage solutions.
Full time, exempt.
Copyright © 2016 Mecalux, S.A. All Rights Reserved.