Interlake Mecalux is one of the leading companies in the storage systems market. We are currently searching for a Field Technician to work out of our Melrose Park, IL facility.
- Responsible for executing assigned robotic/automation jobs, including on-site installation, repair, and preventative maintenance.
- Keeps accurate records of service calls, maintains inventory of service parts, tools, and test equipment.
- Assists customers and internal personnel with troubleshooting and repair of electrical, mechanical, and programming problems.
- Coordinate projects to ensure all aspects are completed accurately and according to schedule.
- On-Site system start-up of systems at customer’s facility.
- Assume engineering and project management activities including preparation of concise data design, observation and evaluation of controls and hardware based on performance and cost requirements.
- Distribution material handling controls design is a strong plus.
- Develops technical credibility and rapport with customer.
- Follows company and customer safety practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to travel 75%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering BSEE, BSEET, BSME or equivalent education and experience.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Exposure to electrical and mechanical systems for automated equipment.
- Engineering principles.
- Previous experience with AutoCAD.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical, and electronic prints and other related technical documentation.
- Requires the ability to perform troubleshooting, repairs, and support of equipment on an as-needed basis and the ability to work within a flexible work/travel schedule.
- Knowledge of customer service fundamentals.
- PC skills/knowledge required.
Interlake Mecalux offers excellent benefits including:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent insurance including medical, dental, vision, life/disability.
- Robust 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- The invaluable opportunity to work for a growing, global company that values continuous process improvements and promotes from within.
Full time, permanent.